Skip to main content

Embracing Grace

       In my last post I explained how my voice is my gift and how I desire to use it to bless and inspire. I've been overjoyed to find a community which has allowed me that privilege. A Voice of Gladness is a gathering place for women of faith. Today, you can read an article I've written on the topic of Grace & Truth for this gathering place. If you leave a comment on their site, I'll be able to see it and respond. I hope you have the time to read it and discover refreshment and enlightenment for your own journey. Please feel free to share it with any others who you think might benefit from it as well.

Comments

Popular Posts

Right Here

    The first month of a new year is past.     2014 started off with a bang for me. I love beginnings. I love the clarity and and anticipation involved in mapping out your dreams. I was looking forward to some exciting topics of focus for our homeschool, some intellectual growth with a college statistics class I've enrolled in, and more consistency with a "date night" for me and Richard. I was both excited and concerned after Christmas when Richard told me the Bishop would like to meet with me.      In my church, the leader of the congregation (our Bishop) is the one responsible to extend certain assignments to members. We refer to them as "callings" since he makes the decisions prayerfully, seeking inspiration from the Lord to know who should do what within the ward (or congregation). I'd already been serving as a teacher for a class of children, aged 4-5 years old and was eagerly anticipating the changes of a new year which would place my n...

Under Construction

     Faithful readers, my blog is not all I wish it to be at this time. I have a hundred ideas jostling around inside my head; dreams of what this space could be, what it could offer. But the blogging world is still so new to me. My intentions require patience in their realization. So please forgive this awkward in-between stage as I learn my way around here.       I'd like to invite your feedback and suggestions. Please leave a comment telling me what you'd be interested in seeing on the blog, what features you'd recommend or if you've had trouble viewing it thus far, etc. Don't be shy! Go on and share your opinion.        Thanks for your help, my friends!

Stillwater Wisdom

  "This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it." - Ralph Waldo Emerson I am a contradiction. Spontaneous and thoughtful. Energetic, yet reserved. Dreamy, though realistic. Bubbly, but at the same time, grounded. I'm sure most of you have felt the same way at times. It makes for some interesting inner dialogue. And it's not about good vs. evil - I'm not referring to the light and dark in each of us. Just the simple quirks of personality which make our lives interesting, though sometimes irritating. You see, I'm not philosiphizing over moral issues so much as attempting to choose the best of the many good things that are at my fingertips. In this information age, the vast opportunities we have can be both a blessing and a curse. Friday is open. Should I take the kids to that new indoor playground to let them release some of that pent-up winter energy? Or maybe we could spend the day inside building a pillow fort? Oh...