![]() |
| Time to count your blessings! |
![]() |
| Assortment of bath toys drying out |
![]() |
| Hand-crafted Light Sabers. |
Weekends are a good time for reflection. Sometimes I'll print up charts for the children listing all the activities we've taken part in through the week. Then they'll circle their 2 favorites and explain why. I don't think I can narrow my week down to 2 favorites. But here's a sampling:
Monday - decorating our new wall clock with "Thankful Leaves" (it warmed my heart to hear the
children's responses to "What are you thankful for?")
Tuesday - Baking (and eating) pumpkin muffins (using my own frozen pumpkin puree!)
Wednesday - Reading aloud Thanksgiving Mad Libs to a handful of giggling girls at a homeschooling
group activity (You should try them out for yourself. Here's one I tried that really made me chuckle!)
Thursday - Enjoying some authentic Latin foods at a get-together with female friends, learning from the diverse backgrounds of so many good women!
And sprinkled throughout, I've taken pleasure in several thought provoking interesting and fun books,
spent precious time snuggling the smiliest baby boy, trimming tiny fingernails, brushing tangled hair and waiting for the sound of my sweetheart's car pulling into the driveway at the end of the day.
Yeah. Weekends are good for reflecting. But they're great for living, too! So what are you waiting for? Get off the blog and start creating some favorites to reflect on for next Friday!
-- But so long as you're here, you might as well leave a comment before you go. What was one of your favorites from this past week?













This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete