HAPPINESS IS. . .
. . . feeling the smoothness of my baby's cheek next to mine and inhaling his sweet baby smell. If I close my eyes, I can almost believe he's still a newborn.
. . . soaking up the warmth of the sun's rays into my Winter-weary skin. If I sit long enough in this pool of light that pours in through the windows, I feel like I'm floating - I'm ascending, getting nearer and nearer to the sun until I start glowing. I become light.
. . . suggesting math practice without evoking the tsunami of rage and injustice. "Wait, did you just say, 'Okay'? You mean I can come out from the bomb shelter now and I won't find any debris to clear up?"
. . . taking a deep, steadying breath when my little one needs to tell me "one last thing" (for the 3rd time) before they go to sleep. Then the reward for my calm response: a heart-felt, wide-eyed expression of love and gratitude -- "Mama, I love your singing."
I'd sing you a hundred lullabies only to hear those precious words, my darling boy.
. . . submitting my answers for an online homework quiz and seeing a perfect score blink back at me. Am I the only one who stands up and does a victory dance (with sound effects) when this happens?
. . . kneeling down to pray at the end of my day and realizing, "I wouldn't change a single thing about this day. I just wanted to say, 'Thank you'."
Now it's your turn.
Happiness is. . . ?






The little things are the BIG things! Well expressed...after a hard day it's nice to be reminded of the little things that makes feel complete and happy. Yes, I am happy too :)
ReplyDeleteSo great to hear from you, Viviana! Thanks for your comments.
ReplyDelete